On February 10, the CDO Council held a public meeting with updates about its activities, as well as panels and presentations from other councils and organizations about CDO role in the Federal government. The meeting utilized the Question and Answer (Q&A) feature and many topics were addressed throughout the event.
Below you will find some of the themes we identified and related materials.
- Does the CDO Council have inter-council relationships/partnerships?
- A feature of the CDO Council membership structure is that we have created “ex-officio” relationships across the interagency council space. As well as council to council meeting presentations where we can hear what other councils are working on and where we can collaborate. Check out all our ex-officio members on our members page: https://www.cdo.gov/council-members/
- Are there any existing efforts, such as working groups or international forums, to collaborate and exchange best practices among CDOs in other countries?
- There aren’t any international forums that we’re aware of for public sector CDOs, but the CDO Council has been fortunate to participate in best practice exchanges on a bilateral basis with some other governments.
- How is the CDOC taking steps to understand equity in data and ensure that data is properly represented and analyzed?
- Are members of the CDO Council provided training to build necessary skills in data work?
- Yes, this is a key component of our work. The Federal Data Strategy action plan required agencies to conduct data skills assessments and gap closure plans. Our data skills and workforce development working group focuses on supporting these areas. In addition to the resources you can find that have been developed and published already (https://www.cdo.gov/data-skills/), the working group will also be developing additional resources, such as a data culture playbook to support the work that individual CDOs are doing to promote data literacy as part of individual agency data strategies.
- Are the 2022 CDO Council survey results available?
- Yes! The CDO Council survey results are available on our website at https://www.cdo.gov/news/survey-results-2022/
We look forward to furthering the amazing work of the CDO Council!